Human Sexuality Fellowship
PHS is not actively recruiting for this fellowship; for fall 2021 start date, please apply for the Doug Braun Harvey Compulsive Sexual Behavior Fellowship.
The Human Sexuality Fellowship at the University of Minnesota provides two years of training in sex and gender-related therapy and research. The general fellowship prepares fellows to provide sex and gender therapy for a wide variety of individuals oftentimes with co-morbid psychiatric diagnoses. The fellowship meets the post-doctoral supervision licensure requirements for psychologists in Minnesota and in most states. In addition, the clinical experience and supervision meets requirements for accreditation as a sex therapist by the American Association for Sex Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT). In addition, the fellowship provides training in sexual education and research.
The goals of this fellowship program are to:
- Provide 26 hours per week of direct individual, family, or group therapy depending upon the specific human sexuality fellowship and the amount of time that can be devoted to research
- Work effectively in an inter-professional team (faculty psychologists, psychiatry physician assistant, nurse practitioner, family physician, support staff)
- Provide education to medical students, family medicine residents on topics such as sex history taking, basic counseling skills for sexual concerns and problems.
- Engage in scholarly activity (10% of your time) that advances the field of sexual therapy and research
Caroline Maykut, PhD, is a clinical post-doctoral fellow with clinical interests including trauma, intergenerational and historical trauma; sexual health and function; sexual and gender identity; compulsive sexual behavior.
- Academic Courses
- Human Sexuality Fellowship
- Doug Braun-Harvey Fellowship in Compulsive Sexual Behavior
- Michael E. Metz Fellowship in Couples' Sexual Health
- Randi and Fred Ettner Fellowship in Transgender Health
- Clinical Supervision, Didactics, and Evaluation
- Where We Practice
- Our Faculty
- Contact Us
- Fellowship Alumni
- Human Sexuality Certificate
- MOOC: Online Learning
- Residency Education
- Summit on Medical School Education in Sexual Health
- UMN Medical Student Education