Trans/Formation: Addressing Gender Issues in School
The Program in Human Sexuality joined Exposed Brick Theatre to create the new play based on the stories, experiences, and perspectives of transgender and gender non-conforming youth. The aims of the project titled Trans/formation: Addressing Gender Issues in School are to validate transgender and gender non-conforming youth experiences through performance, to educate peers, parents, families, friends, and educators about the experiences of transgender and gender non-conforming youth, and to encourage dialogues around gender issues, advocacy, and ally support for adolescents.
Trans/formations: Addressing Gender Issues in School (play script)
Educational Supplement: How to use the script in a classroom setting
Components of Sexual Identity
Watch the video trailer for 'Trans/formation'
National Center for Transgender Equality
- Transgender Terminology by the University of Southern California
- “Injustice at Every Turn,” A Report of the National Transgender Discrimination Survey by the National Center for Transgender Equality and the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force
Gay, Lesbian, and Straight Education Network (GLSEN)
- Transgender Student Rights Gay, Lesbian, and Straight Education Network (GLSEN)
- “Harsh Realities: The Experiences of Transgender Youth in Our Nation’s Schools"
Sylvia Rivera Law Project
- Books for Trans Teens, a book list compiled by a user of the Hennepin County